It has been a terrible season so far for virat kohli’s Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) after they were beaten by Kolkata Knight Riders and witnessed their 5th loss in a row.The first 4 games gave a glimpse of poor selection of playing XI which did not allow a settled combination for the team so far.Secondly experimenting with opening slot in each game which is hampering the balance of the team as players are not being allowed to settle in one batting position which as cost them in first 4 games.
However the 5th game had a lot of positives for the RCB as their key batsmen Virat kohli and AB de Villiers showed some power hitting and got RCB to a huge total of 205/3. Although RCB had enough bowling options in their playing XI but failed to defend 75 runs in the last 4 overs,which is now a worry as it shows the bowlers are unable to make those restriction of flow of runs in the death overs.
Well royal challengers Bangalore will be in search of their maiden win in IPL 2019 as they clash with Delhi capitals who have got a very strong bowling attack and hard-hitting batsmen like Rishabh Pant.
Delhi Capitals are looking good as of now as they have won 2 thriller out of their five games against KKR and MI. Delhi have performed well in all the departments except the 4th game they played against Kings XI Punjab were they lost 7 wickets for just 9runs and lost the game,thanks to Sam curran’s hat-trick.
Winning Formula of Royal challengers Bangalore :
- Virat and AB de villiers to open RCB batting(while chasing especially).
- Bowlers execute there plans in the death overs
- Working on fielding, catching( RCB has dropped minimum 2 catches in every match)
- Bowlers need to do a lot of work with the coaches and understand player of the opposition who is batting in the death overs.
- Trying and working on minimising no-balls in the Death overs and the middle overs and not experimenting too much with the line and length, variations.
Winning Formula of Delhi capitals:
- Shaw and Dhawan to provide a good start and make the most out of the first 6 overs. Dhawan so far in the tournament has really slow in terms of strike rate which puts pressure on prithvi Shaw to score some runs and has ended up in giving wickets in powerplay.
- Middle order needs to be consistent to score runs and not depend too much on rishabh Pant.
- Rishabh Pant scores runs if Delhi chases targets while batting 2nd.