Well same goes for the Delhi capitals as they won against KXIP by 5 wickets and 2 balls to spare. Both Shikhar Dhawan and Shreyas Iyer got 50’s to get their side over the line. At last the Royals will face off Capitals at the Sawai Mansingh stadium in Jaipur. The team which wins the Toss should definitely look to bowl first keeping in mind the dew factor in the second innings as the ball will come on to the bat really well. Also the wicket will be quite dry and will offer some turn and bounce as well.
Winning Formula of Delhi capitals against Rajasthan Royals :
- Dhawan and Prithvi have to give a good start in the powerplay with not just boundaries but running harder between the wickets as the venue is a big ground and 1’s and 2’s can be the difference in scoring Maximum runs.
- Not losing wickets in the power play to spinners and play them a bit slower and rotate strike regularly and not going for unnecessary hitting and lose wickets.
- Bowling Rabada with the New ball and sparing his 2 overs would be an ideal thing to do and playing a spinner in the power play will be a right choice and will possibly work in Jaipur if Delhi capitals bowl first.
Winning Formula of Rajasthan Royals against Delhi capitals :
- Batting first Royals can try and play some good cricket in the first 10 overs as it becomes easier for the batsmen as the inning progresses into last 4 overs.
- Sanju Samson or Rahane have to play till the end in both the cases as to setting a target or chasing the target. Either of them will have to anchor the batting of Royals along with the middle order to setup or chase the target.
- Royals will have to look up to their fielding as well, as they looked really sloppy in the field against Mumbai Indians (especially when it comes to catching and grabbing those key wickets of set batsmen or new ones)
- They need to use their spinners to get wickets in the power play and middle overs and try and use them efficiently in those middle overs to restrict flow of runs. Death bowling will play a crucial role and will be on shoulders of Unadkat and Archer. Kulkarni can be used with the New ball only as he can bowl and create chances of wickets with the New ball and has not looked very deceptive with the Old ball.